Monday, April 27, 2009

San Jose Sharks - Game 7

First, welcome to the blog. Looks like this is the first post so... welcome. Hope you all enjoy. On to business.

Now you might think I'm getting ahead of myself, but I'm not. Truth be told, tonight is game seven. The Sharks need to enter this game with that mindset and the top players (I'm looking at you Jumbo) need to step up and set the tone early. Desperation, passion and aggression are what it's going to take to win. I for one think they can pull it out. It isn't going to be easy, but there is no reason that The Sharks can't make it happen.

Even in the regular season there were slumps and they always found ways to stay on top.

Go to the body early, often and crash the net. Control the puck. Calm the hell down. Control the turnovers. Control the neutral zone.

We've already seen Hiller isn't a magician. He's just a young goalie that has been very lucky (boo me on that all you want, but it's true). His defense has made giant contributions to keeping that puck out of the net just as much as he has. Juicy rebounds are bouncing the wrong way. Posts are being hit right and left. Luck has to tilt at some point and that point could very well be now.

If tonight doesn't happen look for big changes to the lineup come fall.

6 comments:

  1. Nabby will get scapegoated if they lose tonight. He needed to step up this series and I don't think he has so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you'd call that scapegoating. He flat out has NOT played to his ability. Granted, he's also not been backed up very well. The defense has let a lot of very bad things happen and Nabby just can't do it all. He can get the easy ones, but that hasn't happened either. He also has to play with desperation. He's known for making amazing saves in the clutch situations and we've seen some of that, but not near enough.

    Like I said... it all comes down to desperation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's absolutely missed some easy saves while Hiller has stepped up his game. I think that partially goes to the tone of the locker room and the team. I don't think its acceptable in the Ducks locker to not play your best hockey in the post season.

    Do you think the Sharks expect to win tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It shouldn't be acceptable in ANY locker room to bring anything less than the A game. The fact that San Jose is doing just that truly saddens me. Once a loser... I really hope the rest of that isn't true.

    I think they do expect to win. Do they believe in that expectation? We'll know about 1 minute in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Sharks made the moves to get the cup experience. This is where it has to pay off and it might be already. Joe looked a lot better in the last game, and that could be because of the guys in the locker room around him.

    I'd give anything to be a fly on the wall in the locker room before gametime and during the intermissions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree. Hearing what's being said in there would be very interesting. I don't think McClellan is saying too much. The coaching staff has done their job. It's up the the experience to talk now.

    Strap in kids because tonight is going to be an interesting ride.

    ReplyDelete